What makes FIO an ideal partner for creating an acetate eyewear collection?
IN-DEPTH EXPERIENCE: our collaborators have twenty years of experience in the acetate eyewear industry;
SUPPLIER RELIABILITY: we rely on the best acetate and small parts factories and we can select the suppliers that best suit the specific requests of the customer.
INNOVATION AND SUSTAINABILITY: thanks to the partnership with the Italian company AUTONOMA INNOVATION, our machinery is equipped with advanced technologies with low environmental impact, such as to ensure more effective production processes and optimization of time and resources.
TRANSPARENCY AND FAST COMMUNICATIONS: by managing all the processing phases within our factory, we are able to give you quick information on the status of your project and any critical issues
CONFIDENTIALITY GUARANTEE: we enter into confidentiality agreements to protect the brand of our customers. In fact, we do not keep stock and we only produce what is commissioned to us. We work and develop products based on our customers’ exclusive designs or samples.
What services can FIO offer me?
We take care of your “project” from the beginning to the end. You will have a person in our team who will be responsible from A to Z and who will guide you through all the phases of your project – from the initial briefing to determine your needs, to the selection of materials , to the technical suggestions, to the development of the samples, to the delivery of the your final collection.
The staff of 50 collaborators together with the implementation of a new generation of customized software for the control and progress of each stage of the production process, ensures the completion of specific and complex projects thanks to the optimization of costs and time.
In addition, it can count on a well-equipped mechanical workshop that allows it to produce internally all the equipment / tools / molds necessary for the creation of the product.
What projects can FIO do for me?
We can make projects of any size. Projects can range from individual eyewear models for special event or promotions , to designing and developing entire private label collections for retailers and brand owners.
What products can FIO develop for me?
Our core competencies are acetate and bioacetate sunglasses and optical frames.
We can also deal with combinated frames (metal fronts and acetate temples and / or acetate fronts and metal temples) in this case for the metal part we rely on selected Italian suppliers in our area.
What is FIO’s production capacity?
We currently have a daily production capacity of approximately 1,600 frames in 235 working days for a total of approximately 376,000 frames per year.
What level of quality can I expect?
We develop customized products for you based on your specific needs. This can range from highly price-oriented promotional products to high-end products made with top materials and finishes.
•Top Line – top quality materials, rigid and frequent control systems, obsessive attention to detail, use of diamond cutters for minimum tolerances, creation of specific thermoforming molds for high quality standards, for a high-end product with top materials and finishes for a more niche market;
•Basic Line – mid-level quality standards, faster and more fluid production cycles for an “easier” product even in terms of price;
•Bio Line – (New process for both TOP and BASIC lines) – only organic materials and use of specific machinery (tumblers, CNC machines, …) for a production cycle that is as “green” as possible.
Are there any minimum production volumes required for my eyewear project?
We can produce projects starting from 300 pieces per model.
We can produce projects starting from 300 pieces per model. For smaller quantities, a set up cost will be applied which will be evaluated based on the complexity of the project.
What is the expected timeline for my eyewear project?
The timing generally depends on the level of complexity of the project.
– from the confirmed design to the prototype it’s 16 working days (prototyping cost 600.00 euros/mod);
– from the drawing (or prototype) confirmed to the color samples, it is 28 working days (prototyping cost 800.00 euros/mod);
– from order confirmation to production delivery, it takes 40/50 working days from receipt of raw materials.
How can I work with FIO?
We can act as a supplier of the finished product or as a subcontractor
- When an agreement is signed between the parties, the subcontractor follows the instructions of the client. These indications may require you to carry out only the workings, or in addition also take charge of the evaluation and purchase of materials.
- The materials are owned by the client who supplies them to the subcontractor on subcontracting or alternatively the subcontractor can purchase them on behalf of the client (who pays them to the subcontractor in advance)
- The subcontractor provides special spaces in his warehouse for the correct storage of the materials owned by the customer
- The subcontractor does not apply surcharges on the raw material and the price quoted to the customer is for workings only (+ any equipment and / mold costs)
- The customer looks in FIO subcontractor as a partner to be involved both in the initial design phase, when the qualitative, technical and operational aspects are interested, and in the further phase of production, with a dedicated customer service activity, with the aim to bring continuous improvements. In fact, FIO does not limit itself to being a subcontractor and passively listening to the customer’s indications: what is asked is an operational and thinking flexibility, through which to bring new ideas and advice, not limiting itself to the simple reporting of any problems, but proposing always solutions thanks to his experience.
- With the stock ready at the subcontractor, the customer can launch an order at any time and save time for the collectiong of raw materials
- FIO purchases the materials necessary to fulfill the customer’s order;
- FIO makes a complete quotation to the customer including the cost of the raw material + working costs (+ any equipment and / mold costs) + recharge for:
- – Transport costs, customs, duties
- – Inventory risk
- – Any MOQ requested by suppliers
- – General management costs
- – Defect Warranty
- In this case, FIO is not limited to working as third parties, but goes beyond so as to provide a complete finished product. The customer is relieved of any kind of charge/risk/expences because FIO personally takes care of the management of the entire production process;
- The stock is owned by the supplier, the customer will have to wait for the delivery of all materials to FIO before his order is launched into production.